21 September, 2016

Finding My Fashion Confidence


Who said vintage rainbows & zebra print couldn't work?!






As with most, my style has evolved through the years, progressively so or at least I'd like to think so. I mean when I was a kid I just wanted to be naked all the time so that's a big step right? Honestly, our family albums from 1993-1996 are mainly me pissing around with my baby butt out or fast asleep & drooling, a habit I still have now. At 9 years old I had a brief tomboy phase, donning tracksuits & cargo pants (so many pockets!), but as I morphed into an angst-y teenager I started to play with far too much eyeliner & cargo pants turned into the skinniest jeans I could get my hands on.

Throughout all of my many phases though my Mum has always encouraged me to be myself, something I'm only just starting to get a true grasp of at 23. She's always told me "It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks Hannah, what do you think?" Simple. Pretty basic advice but after years of trying to please others & follow trends, molding myself to what I deemed 'fashionable', I'm now learning truly what I enjoy wearing.

I crave colour! Mostly pink which my former teenage self would have hated. I dream of drowning in sequins & loud prints. Some may consider my current fashion sense as "too much" but you know what, it's what I'm comfortable in! I actually like dressing like an Art Attack project, make ol' Neil Buchanan proud. There's may be whispers & stares when I walk in looking like a unicorn's puked on me but I've never felt this confident before & I don't plan on changing that any time soon.

So my message to you all is: You do you booboo!

--

Jacket: Sassy World
Skirt: Illustrated People (the skirt's out of stock but you can get the matching top here)
 Boots: Public Desire