25 January, 2017

WHAT A MASSIVE BELL(sleeve)


I'm a firm believer that flared hems are not just a 70's gimmick, nor are they a statement purely for those who wish to have sassy calves. There's an elegant & still sasstastic way to wear a flared hem & that's with a bell sleeve.




I won't lie, I've worn this top *at least* once a week since I made the wise choice in buying it from Zara (I do wash it though, I promise). I've spoken before about how I'm not a huge fan of Zara as a brand, however finding a staple piece like this has made me discover a new lease of love for them. The monochrome Breton stripes are always a winner, no matter the season or latest trend, but if you fear of looking like you're a baguette away from being called Jacque or Gusteau, perhaps leave the beret at home. If you're like me though & wish you were graceful enough to even be slightly Parisian then by all means add a beret, baguette & a necklace of garlic while you're at it.





Speaking of not being graceful, I did try my hardest to get a decent shot of the oh-so fabulous shoes I'm wearing in this shoot but getting "pretty" pictures of your feet is not easy. How in the heel (pun intended) do foot models do it?! I've noticed other bloggers do the 'step-down' shot in, half hanging off the edge of a curb so note to self: try this next time, Hannah. Seriously though, these patent heeled loafers are such a cute shoe, giving off serious Blair Waldorf vibes but for a fraction of her price range as I picked these up for £1 in a sample sale at work. Reason 1 of why I will never leave ASOS.



The bell sleeves on this are the main attraction though, let's be honest. They're the bees knee's, the dog's bollocks, the cat's pyjamas & the cat's me-WOW! Alright, I'll stop. Truly though, everything I do seems more fancy with these sleeves - I find myself talking with my hands more, waving them in people's faces like some sort of crazed newlywed trying to show off her ring. No ring for me though, just some bad-ass sleeves. I may be finding too much joy in these but hey, it's the little things in life right?

---

Beret - eBay
Top - Zara (it is impossible to find anything in particular on their site so this could be out of stock, it could be available - your guess is as good as mine!)
Leather skirt - ASOS
Shoes - ASOS (similar here)